Deep-Sky Planner and SQM Reader Pro include secure licensing technology. It is intended to reduce software piracy with minimal impact on legitimate users. Hacking, cracking and outright theft are the problems targeted - not legitimate use.
The license agreement permits an individual user to install the product on multiple computer systems owned by the licensee. This accommodates users who may have systems for home, office and field use. The license is not transferable.
After installing the product you will need to activate the license within 30 days. If you do not activate within that time period, the product will stop working.
Activation is done by using the Software Activator program included with your software. Please consult the online Help supplied with your Software Activator for more information about activating your software.
- Installing an update to your software does not require purchasing an additional license or additional activation. Updates are provided to licensed users free of charge. Updates change the minor version, release or build number of your software, for example moving from version 4.1.0 to 4.3.2. Updates may include bug fixes, feature enhancements and new features.
- Installing an upgrade to a major new product version may require a new license and activation. Upgrades change the major version number of your software, for example moving from version 4.x to 5.0.
- Upgrading your Windows Operating System where a previous installation of your software is retained does not usually require an additional activation.
- Installing the software on a new computer requires activation on the new computer.
- Some changes to your computer hardware (for example, after a power surge damages computer components) made after installation may require a new activation. Activation requests arising from this situation are expected and will be fulfilled. An unusually large number of requests may be interpreted as a violation of the license agreement. If you are experiencing unusual hardware problems that result in a large number of activation requests, please contact Knightware to discuss your situation.
It is Knightware's policy to maintain confidentiality over your personal information. Your private information is just that - yours and private. Financial information is required only for payment, and this information is transmitted to our payment processors (Google and PayPal) over a secure encrypted connection during the check-out process. This connection is secured with up to 256-bit SSL encryption by GeoTrust. Knightware never receives or stores your financial information.
Knightware will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for any purpose without your explicit consent. Personal information includes name, address and e-mail address.
Deep-Sky Planner and SQM Reader Pro are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties. All copyrights are owned by Knightware, LLC and/or Phyllis K. Lang, and are registered with the United States Copyright Office.
Revised NGC/IC data are compiled by Dr. Wolfgang Steinicke and subject to copyright. The Revised NGC/IC is used under license from Dr. Steinicke.
Astronomical Algorithms Software by Jeffrey Sax. (c) 1991 Wilmann-Bell, Inc. is used with permission of the publisher.
Deep-Sky Planner is a trademark of Knightware, LLC.
SQM Reader Pro is a trademark of Knightware, LLC.
Software engineered for observing is a trademark of Knightware, LLC.
All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.